REsearch is a web-based application designed to work with all major browsers. Some web browsers hold onto and use old code to save time or bandwidth, but this feature, called “caching,” can sometimes cause problems when trying to use the system. In order to ensure that your browser is using and showing you the latest REsearch code, you can clear your browser cache, which will then require your browser to download a fresh copy of REsearch.
Depending on which web browser you use, please see the below articles on how to clear your browser cache:
- Chrome – https://www.help.hiinfo.com/chrome-clearing-cache/
- Edge – https://www.help.hiinfo.com/microsoft-edge-clearing-cache/
- Firefox – https://www.help.hiinfo.com/firefox-clearing-cache/
- Internet Explorer – https://www.help.hiinfo.com/internet-explorer-8-11-clearing-your-cache/
- Safari – https://www.help.hiinfo.com/safari-clearing-the-cache/
We recognize that clearing your cache can sometimes affect your use of other websites, particularly saved settings and other preferences. Each browser provides some controls to limit the extent of this clearing process (i.e. how far back in time to clear cached content, or which sites to clear), and we encourage you to choose options that minimize these external impacts.